Saturday, April 10, 2010

Whisper sweet nothings to me

Our cat, Linus is the most demanding of our pets.  He wants his breakfast served by 6am on the dot and if there is a delay--we pay!  On the weekend, we naturally don't rise as early as we do during the week.  Linus doesn't know it's the weekend and that we deserve to sleep in.  I really wish I could explain the concept to him.  His routine starts with jumping on my night stand to paw my face in an effort to wake me up.  If that doesn't work, he starts chewing on anything he can wrap his mouth on.  I can only interpret the chewing to mean "I'm hungry...feed me NOW!"  I have my very own Simon's Cat!!  We recently started closing our bedroom door the night before because I got tired of being awoken so early.  So now, come 6am he puts his little mouth between the crack where the bottom of the door ends and the floor and lets out many long meow's until we get up.  They're loud!  And they're long! 

This is the look he gives us until we feed him.

If he weren't so cute, right?



Positive quote of the day:

"A laugh at your own expense costs you nothing."
- Mary H. Waldrip

No comments:

Post a Comment