Thursday, February 11, 2010

The alternate view

Ever since I was in High School I've been obsessed with pictures and portraits from behind.  It all started when I saw my first Jack Vettriano poster "Singing Butler" in the mall:

http://www.amazon.com/Singing-Butler-Poster-Vettriano-19-50/dp/B000GVJERI

Yeah sure it was a painting at one time but it's popularity into mainstream demanded it be available to the public at an affordable price.  Or so that's what I think happened!  Anyhow, the painting captivated me.  There was so much going on in this one scene and you barely had view of any faces.  Genius in my opinion!!  It's photography like this that gets you to stop, take a second look, and wonder what went on the moment the photo was taken.  Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.....

So, I've started my own version of inspired Jack Vettriano photography.  Without the women and add in a few dogs.  I told you this was my version, right?  Of course I would like to add women to this collection and anticipate doing so in the coming year.

My husband with our dogs...






My beautiful Bison...


































 My absolute all time FAVORITE...



Positive quote of the day:
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow.  It empties today of its strength." 
-Corrie ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment